RESIDENTIAL RENTAL AGREEMENT
Los Angeles, California
________________________________________________ (“Landlord”), and
_____________________________________________________ (“Tenant(s)”) by this Agreement enter into a Residential Month to Month Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) of the Premises described below subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement:
- PROPERTY: Landlord rents to tenant(s) and tenant(s) hires from Landlord the “Property” described as: ___________________________________________ Unit Number:___________
- TERM: The rental term shall begin on __________ and shall continue from month to month until legally terminated.
- RENT: 1) Tenant agrees to pay rent as follows.
- $_______ per month, payable in advance, due from Tenant on the ______ day of each month.
- From _______ until such time that all the Property Repairs set forth in Exhibit “A” hereto are completed to the reasonable satisfaction of the Parties there will be a rent reduction of _____% from the original monthly rental amount. The reduced monthly rental amount now due is $____.
- Upon the completion of the Property Repairs set forth in Exhibit “A” hereto and after the proper 30 day notice, the regular monthly installment of rent shall revert to the original rental amount of $_____.
- LATE CHARGE: If any installment of rent due from Tenant is not received by Landlord within 10 calendar days after date due, tenant shall pay to Landlord an additional sum of $____ as a late charge.
- PAYMENT: The rent shall be paid by Personal Check, Certified Bank Check, Money Order, or Cashiers Check to: The rent payment is to be made payable to: _______________. The Landlord shall give a receipt to tenant immediately after payment is made.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: ______ Landlord will not charge Tenant any security deposit herein. _____ Tenant shall pay $_____ as a refundable security deposit.
UTILITIES: _____ Landlord agrees to pay for all utility services of the premises. _____ Landlord agrees to pay for all utility services except ____________.
- PETS: No animal, bird or pet shall be kept on or about the premises without Landlord’s prior written consent.
- USE: Tenant shall not disturb, annoy, endanger or interfere with other Tenants of the building or neighbors, nor use the premises for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance upon or about the premises.
- MAINTENANCE: a) Tenant shall properly use and operate all furniture, furnishings and appliances, electrical, gas and plumbing fixtures and keep them as clean and sanitary as their condition permits, excluding ordinary wear and tear. b) Tenant shall notify Landlord and pay for all repairs or replacements caused by Tenant or Tenant’s invitees’ negligence or misuse. c) Landlord agrees to:
- Regularly clean all common areas of the premises;
- Maintain the common areas and facilities in a safe condition;
- Arrange for collection and removal of trash and garbage;
- Maintain all equipment and appliances in safe and working order;
- Make necessary repairs with reasonable promptness;
- Maintain exterior lighting in good working order;
- Provide extermination services, as necessary; and
- Maintain grounds and shrubs.
- INSURANCE: Landlord shall maintain required and reasonable property, indemnity, and liability insurance for the premises.
- ENTRY: Upon not less than 24 hours written notice, Tenant shall make the premises available during normal business hours to Landlord, authorized agent or representative, for the purpose of entering to make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, or improvements, or supply necessary or agreed services. In an emergency, Landlord, authorized agent or representative may enter the premises, at any time, without prior permission from Tenant.
- POSSESSION: If Tenant abandons or vacates the premises, Landlord may terminate this agreement and regain lawful possession.
- ATTORNEY FEES: In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
- NOTICE: Notice to Landlord may be served upon Landlord at: _____________________________________________________________________________________
- COUNTEPARTS: This agreement may be executed in counterparts; each executed counterpart deemed an original.
- ACKNOWLEDGMENT: The undersigned have read the foregoing prior to execution and acknowledge receipt of a copy.
By: ____________________________ Date Signed:____________
(sign name) (print name)
Date Signed: _____________________
(sign name) (print name)
Date Signed: ____________________